Those who begin looking for Grace quickly realize that it is not as easy to find as they first thought. There is even a story of one man who thought he had found Grace only to realize that he was mistaken. You see, this man had Grace confused with something else. He thought he could find Grace by following a set list of directions. Little did he know, Grace cannot be found by following a map.
To find Grace you must first ask yourself,
“Why do I want to find Grace in the first place?”
- Some people want to find Grace to impress God.
- Some people want to find Grace to prove that they are a good person.
- Some people want to find Grace to please someone else.
- Some people want to find Grace to prove how smart they are.
These answers demonstrate a lack of understanding when it comes to Grace. Unfortunately, Grace cannot provide any of these things. In fact, Grace can only be found if you:
Admit that you could never impress God.
- Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
- Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Confess that, according to God’s standards, you are not a good person.
- Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Desire in your own heart to know God.
- Job 36:26a Behold, God is great, and we know him not…
Believe that Jesus is the only place where Grace can be found.
- 1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Grace Missionary Baptist Church is excited that the Lord has chosen to use us as a lighthouse in the community. However, we realize that we cannot give people the Grace they do so desperately need. Gladly, we can show them the way to Jesus Christ, “By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” (Romans 5:2)
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8,9)